Adama Traore has been named the PFA Player of the Month for February – claiming 31% of the votes.
The 22-year-old has enjoyed a fruitful few months and has exceeded expectations to become one of Boro’s most important players.
In February, Traore scored a brace against Reading, his first goals at the Riverside, and registered an assist in five league games.
The most unsurprising stat of all is that Traore completed 34 dribbles within that period – nine more than any other player.
With the jet-heeled former Barcelona youth product in the best form of his career, it certainly won’t be the last form of recognition that heads his way.
The full list of contenders was as follows:
- Adama Traore (Middlesbrough) – 31%
- Ivan Cavaleiro (Wolves) – 18%
- Lucas Joao (Sheffield Wednesday) – 17%
- Alan Browne (Preston North End) – 15%
- James Maddison (Norwich City) – 11%
- Sean Morrison (Cardiff City) – 8%